Your heart matters! Your heart health is important for the longevity of your life and everyday there are things that you have control over to improve your health.
Start today with these 5 easy ways to ensure a healthier heart:
- Move! Yes, you’ve heard it before and you’ll hear it over and over again. Exercise is vital for your health. Taking a light stroll for 20-30 minutes each day can improve the strength of your heart allowing it to pump blood easier to your lungs and muscles therefore ensuring higher oxygen levels in your blood.
- Balancing nutrition. Try limiting your sugar and sodium intake. By enjoying more fruits & vegetables & whole grain foods, you will lower your blood pressure and cholesterol preventing heart disease up to 30%.
- Lifestyle changes. Quit (or at least reduce) smoking & vaping. Recent studies have shown that vaping is not safer but instead doubles your chance of a heart attack! By quitting tobacco products and chemical vapes, you allow your circulation and lung functions to improve thus reducing your risk for heart disease.
- Be Happy! Scientific studies have shown that happiness relieves stress and not only will you feel better, you could potentially lower your blood pressure. (If you are struggling with depression, this can be treated with the help of a professional)
- Sleep. When you rest, your heart slows and your breathing changes allowing more oxygen in the blood and lowers your blood pressure. Be sure to rest and try get at least 6 or more hours of sleep each night.
Remember, it’s just like the saying goes, “prevention is better than cure.”
Don’t wait… Challenge yourself and a friend, or a loved one, in making some heart healthy changes today! Your heart will thank you.