Join The 2nd.MD Team
2nd.MD is an innovative, fast-growing, technology-driven healthcare services company that has rapidly become the largest provider of second opinion services in America. We provide our members the ability to connect to the best doctors in the world via our proprietary technology platform, rendering expert medical second opinions to anyone battling pain or disease. Our internal team delivers a concierge experience, from initial contact through medical records retrieval and storage to video consult scheduling and post-consult follow-up. And our clients include Fortune 50 companies and some of America's largest healthcare plans.
Over the past twelve months, we've grown by 80% in revenue and consult volume, and we are expecting even more rapid growth over the next twelve months. Our growth is the direct result of our ability to outperform our competitors in the marketplace in terms of both speed and quality. We have a panel of over 400 specialists who are some of the best doctors in their fields in the world, and we have strategic institutional partnerships with some of the top medical facilities in the world. And our proprietary internal technology platform powers our member experience, our case management, and our video consults, enabling us to deliver quality consults much more quickly than our competition. We have a significant full-time technology team on staff, and we're constantly innovating and improving our platform. In fact, we're as much a technology company as a we are a healthcare company!
As a result of our people and our technology, we provide our members a superior service to other second opinion offerings, with an average net promoter score of 87 (higher than that of Apple and Nieman Marcus) for the first four months of this year. And members get their consult summaries - accessible to them via our website portal - less than twenty-four hours after the consult happens. Everything we do is digital, driven via our web portal or our app ... no mailed opinions or paper-based services! Digital is in our DNA, and we're taking every opportunity to leverage technology as we move forward.
Though we are a profitable company, we recently secured a strategic investment from a well-known family office in order to give us additional capital and expertise to power our future growth. We've recently had great success in bringing on some of America's largest health plans as our clients, and they have been critical partners in expanding the distribution of our service.
We are a passionate group of individuals who get excited about using technology to revolutionize healthcare. And it is a fascinating time in our company’s history as we scale up for rapid growth.
Our company mission is to make it unthinkable to battle pain or disease without the help of 2nd.MD. Our purpose is to save and improve lives, every day. In everything we do, we strive for our service to be warm, effortless and momentous in the lives of those we help. If this speaks to your character and interests, we would love to hear from you.
In this role, you will provide maintenance of the computer desktop environment by analyzing requirements, resolving problems, installing hardware and software solutions, and supporting the internal IT Helpdesk. You will be responsible for administration and internal support of the Company’s PCs, printers, servers, and related equipment. Tasks include end user support, license tracking, and performing PC maintenance, upgrades and configurations.
· Must have advanced Enterprise Mac (and other Apple devices) support experience
· Advanced Networking experience
· Heavy troubleshooting experience
· Supporting FTP
· Supporting VOIP
· Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
· Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
· Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
· Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
· Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software
· Document internal procedures
· Assist with onboarding of new users
· Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment
· Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment, and software
· Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
· Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images, and software
· Assign users and computers to proper groups in Open Directory
· Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
Skills and Qualifications:
· Highly technical aptitude
· Associate Degree in a computer-related field
· 2 years of relevant technical experience
· Experience with administration of Apple devices (MACs, IPad, IPhones)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Customer Science, Information Systems or related field
· Exposure to PureCloud
· Active Directory Experience
· A+ Certification
· JIRA Service Desk
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.