- Service-related communications including phone, email, text, and other electronic messages; and
- Your interactions with us on third-party websites and services, if those third-party websites and services include links to this Policy.
2. PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION
To the extent we encounter your Protected Health Information (“PHI”) in connection with your use of the Services, PHI is instead governed by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”). Therefore, we are legally required to treat your PHI confidentially in accordance with HIPAA and the privacy contracts we entered into with your employer and/or health plan.
3. TYPES OF YOUR INFORMATION
- “Personal Information” means pieces of data that alone, or together with other data, could allow someone to identify you. This may include but is not limited to your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, username, password, password hints, security questions, audio or video recordings, photographs, driver’s license or Social Security Number. Note that Personal Information can also include health information, however if it is PHI, we will treat it in accordance with HIPAA (see Protected Health Information).
- “Analytics Information” includes data that can provide us with usage data, either individually or in the aggregate. This may include but is not limited to usage data, demographic information, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
4. HOW WE ACQUIRE YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect or generate Your Information in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- When you voluntarily register or create a personal profile with us - This may include your first and last name, e-mail and mailing address, phone, age, gender, country, and preferred language.
- In some cases, your employer (or your employer-sponsored health plan) will give us some of Your Information so that we can provide you with the Services - This may include eligibility information so that we can validate your eligibility to receive Services offered by your employer (or health plan).
- When you request support or other information from us about the Services – This may include your contact information, and other information about your inquiry.
In an effort to improve the quality of the Service, we track information provided to us by your browser or by our software application when you view or use the Service, such as the website you came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser you use, the device from which you connected to the Service, the time and date of access, and other information.
We track this information using cookies, or small text files which include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to a User’s browser from our servers and are stored on the User’s computer hard drive. Sending a cookie to your browser enables us to collect Your Information and keep a record your preferences when utilizing our Services, both on an individual and aggregate basis. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can set your browser to refuse them or to alert you when they are being sent.
Certain pages on our websites or applications contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.
5. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use Your Information for the following purposes:
- Facilitate the creation and securing of your account on our network;
- Verify your identity so that we can be sure that all our communications with you are confidential, and to help prevent fraud and data loss;
- Send you welcome communications to verify ownership of the contact information provided when your account was created;
- Send you communications about your account, appointments and other Service-related reminders and messages;
- Provide improved administration of our Services;
- Provide the Services you request;
- Respond to inquiries or requests from you;
- Enforce our rights arising from contracts;
- Administer surveys and promotions;
- Improve the quality of the experience when you interact with our Services;
- Send administrative notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, contests, sweepstakes, advertisements and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes including those of third parties;
- Track trends and analyze use patterns of our Services; and
- Perform marketing or data analysis.
6. WHEN WE MAY SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose Your Information in the following ways:
- To a company we merge, acquire, or that buys us, or in the event of change in structure of our company of any form;
- To comply with our legal obligations;
- To perform our contracts with your employer or health plan;
- To enforce our rights; and
- At your request, or with your permission.
We may also share Your Information with other trusted business partners and service providers that we collaborate with or hire to perform services on our behalf. We enter into written contracts with these parties to ensure they handle Your Information appropriately. For example:
- To help us send and manage e-mail and/or text communications, so we might provide that company with your contact details to send you messages on our behalf.
- To serve you advertisements that you may be interested in, which may be personalized to you. If you do not wish to receive such advertisements, you can always adjust your individual browser’s settings.
- To help us communicate with Users in different languages, and provide translation services.
7. YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND RIGHTS
Depending on what state you reside in and what Services you utilize, you may have certain rights with respect to Your Information. If you have any questions about Your Information choices or rights, please reach out to us (see Contact Us).
- Communications from 2nd.MD: If we have sent you a message or communication that you no longer wish to receive, please follow the instructions provided in the text or email you received or reach out to us (see Contact Us).
- Delete your account with us: Please reach out to us (see Contact Us).
8. CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (“COPPA”)
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
As part of the Service, we may provide links to or compatibility with other websites or applications. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by those websites or the information or content they contain. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of other websites before proceeding to use them.
10. SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Passwords: Your account is protected by your account password, and we urge you to take steps to keep Your Information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. It is your responsibility to control the dissemination and use of your password, and to control access to and use of your user ID and password. You agree to promptly notify 2nd.MD of any unauthorized use of your username, password, or any other breach of security that you become aware of.
- Data Retention: 2nd.MD will retain your Personal Data for the entire time that you keep your account open. After you close your account, we may retain your Personal Data:
- For as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- On our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- For as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; and
- For data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner than you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
If you have questions or would like more information about Your Information and your rights, please contact us by e-mailing Privacy@2nd.MD, or through the “Contact” or “Support” functions on our Services. If you believe we have violated your privacy rights, you have the right to file a complaint in writing with our Privacy Officer at Legal@2nd.MD. We will not retaliate against you for filing a complaint.